As St. Vincent and the Grenadines commemorates the Easter weekend, the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force (RSVGPF) advises members of the general public to continue to adhere to the various measures and protocols that have been implemented by the Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines to protect its citizens and visitors and reduce the spread of the Coronavirus during this COVD-19 global pandemic.
Over this long Easter weekend and the ensuing weeks and; or months, the RSVGPF in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the Environment (MOHE), the the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) and other partners will sustain our efforts in ensuring that persons are responsibly complying with the national measures to fight COVID-19.
To this end, the following activities will be ramped up:
- Increased patrols by the Police to ensure that:
- No playing of amplified music in public or private places
- No mass gatherings of persons on beaches, churches or other social events viz a viz – river cooks, picnics, etc.
- Social and physical distancing are being practiced
- Motorists and commuters are adhering to the protocols with regards to the number of passengers riding in omnibuses
- No boat rides and or; excursions
- Quarantined persons are at their designated places of confinement at all times
2. In addition, persons are reminded that on Tuesday April 7, 2020, the Parliament of St. Vincent and the Grenadines passed the Public Health (Amendment) Act (2020) which imposes a fine of $2000 each time the offence is committed or six(6) months in prison for breaching a quarantine order.
The Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force would like to thank the general public for their cooperation and support during this unprecendented period as we work hand in hand towards the sustenance of the safety and security of our blessed land.
Have a safe and peaceful Easter weekend as we reflect on the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.