Phase one of the Government’s vaccination deployment plan has begun. Minister of Health Hon. St. Clair Prince during his presentation at the Ministry of Health’s weekly COVID-19 update discussed the progress of the plan so far.
“In phase one, using the forty doses of the Sputnik V donated by a benefactor, twenty persons received their first dose.
On February 14th, 2021, our implementation team did a soft launch of the get vaccinated campaign across St. Vincent and the Grenadines by vaccinating one hundred and forty six people. Initially we originally set out to target fifty persons, ten persons per health facility, however our target doubled overnight.
The vaccines administered were the CoviShield/AstraZeneca donated by the commonwealth of Dominica.” The Minster said.
The Minister of Health disclosed that twenty doctors were vaccinated on Monday, and that some 2,000 doses were reserved for health care workers, due to the fact that they have been on the frontline of the pandemic.
Minister Prince said that the health authorities will ensure that those on the frontline, those over the age of 65 and those who have comorbidities are prioritized when it comes to vaccine access.