The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment held a press conference this morning, to update the nation on issues relating to the deadly coronavirus pandemic.

The press conference which was held at the National Insurance Services conference room – comes after St. Vincent and the Grenadines registered the 3rd confirmed case of Covid-19.

In what was the third press conference to be held by the Ministry, Minister of Health Luke Browne, said that this country has a comprehensive strategy focus on the avoiding the spread of the virus.

The Ministry of Health in a press release issued yesterday, said the positive result was one of two results returned. The other was negative.

The Ministry said the sample which tested positive was taken from a male patient, who had travelled to SVG from Barbados on March 18th 2020, who had placed himself into voluntary quarantine, from the time of arrival.

He developed symptoms on March 29th and informed health care workers about them on March 31, at which time a sample for Covid-19 testing was taken from him.

So far St. Vincent and the Grenadines has sent off 53 Covid-19 samples to the Caribbean Public Health Agency Lab for testing, from which the 3 positive results were returned.

The results for 9 samples are outstanding.

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here