The St Vincent Met service in their midday weather report yesterday says a Tropical wave will be affecting the island from today.

The axis of this tropical wave will move over the Southern Windward Islands resulting in occasional cloudy skies accompanying a few brief showers.

By Thursday, unstable conditions being enhanced at the upper level of the atmosphere are expected to generate an increase in shower activity across the region including SVG.

Easterly to South-easterly winds ranging between 10 to 30 km/h (6 to 19 mph) are forecast, however, an increase to near 35 km/h (22 mph) is likely today.

Slight to moderate easterly seas peaking near 1.5 meters (5.0 feet) will continue during this forecast period.

The National Hurricane Center is predicting for 2019 a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season.

This outlook forecasts a 40 percent chance of a near-normal season, a 30 percent chance of an above-normal season and a 30 percent chance of a below-normal season. The hurricane season officially extends from June 1 to November 30.

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here