The visiting of inmates at Her Majesty’s Prisons, at both Kingstown and Belle Isle resumed today, April 1st, according to an official release.
However the resumption of visitations at the prisons comes with the following conditions:
- There will be a maximum of ten visits per day
- Each inmate would be allowed two visits per month
- Each visit would be for a duration of ten minutes
- Only two persons may visit an inmate at a time
- Visits will continue to be facilitated by appointments only
- Proper identification must be presented before visitation is allowed and all standard COVID-19 protocols must be adhered to.
Inmate visits at Her Majesty’s Prisons were suspended following a rise in COVID-19 cases, but have now resumed following a significant decrease in cases.