The explosion of a kerosene stove early yesterday Easter Monday has left a family of eight homeless in D’ Andrade Street in Newtown Kitty, Georgetown Guyana.

Fire Chief Marlon Gentle said that the stove exploded at around 09:30am and resulted in the total destruction of the wooden flat house.

The owner of the house, Annette Heywood told the media that everyone was asleep when they awoke to flames around them.

The occupants managed to escape the burning house unharmed. The fire quickly spread through the wooden house and the family was unable to save anything.

The Fire Chief said firefighters managed to extinguish the fire.

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here